Advanced voice based blind stick with voice announcement of obstacle distance
The main aim of this project is to assist the blind persons without the need of another person. It is well known that the blind people carry a hand stick with them whenever they need a support. Sometimes even when they use this stick, there is no guarantee that the blind persons are safe and secured in reaching their destinations. There may be an obstacle in their path but is not encountered by the person with the help of the stick. Thus, the people may be injured if the obstacle is big enough or dangerous. Thus, a design has been developed to assist the blind and provide them a clear path.
Now a day’s so many useful technologies are coming out to make our life style more comfort, luxurious and secure. In this project we use ultrasonic module to detect the object and ARM7 micro controller to play distance through voice alert.
This system not only detects the obstacle but it also tells the object distance from user so that the user can have a clear idea of turning in his walk. By using this Ultra sonic distance module we can find obstacle distance within 3 meters range.
The information about obstacle distance can be played through speaker or through headphone for more convenience.
To play the voice messages we do not need any separate voice module because we can play that voice from ARM7 LPC2148 micro controller directly by saving pre recorded voice message in micro controller’s memory in the form of binary.
- KEIL IDE for developing micro controller code
- ORCAD for designing schematics
- FLASH MAGIC for dumping the hex file into controller
- ARM7 LPC2148 Micro controller.
- Ultra sonic distance module.
- Audio amplifier.
- Speaker or headphones
- Accuracy in detecting obstacle distance
- Small in size as it does not require separate voice module
- Low power.
- Useful for all visually impaired persons
- Can be used in finding some targets
- Can be used in vehicles
- Can be used in some length measuring systems for instance announcements